Tuesday, January 24, 2012

To Thy Self Be True

What I think others will say about me compared to what I say about myself is not much different. I always have a smile on my face.  I find humor in most situations.  I’m kind, helpful, and positive.  The glass is half fill type of girl.  I like things organized and orderly.  There are time slots in my day when my door I not opened, I don’t take phone calls, text or answer email.  I get more done being patient.  If I don’t have the answer I see nothing wrong with saying so.  If I don’t agree with you I think it’s’ alright for us to agree to disagree.  And yes I think there are no bad questions.  Is the number of people how thing this is unusual.  Or believe I must be on a great prescription.  The reality is how or what someone says to me can have me questioning my hole being, rob me of a good night sleep and steel my week-end.  I keep my composure, I effetely communicate with the person.  Then I internals every word that was spoken, every look, everybody move, posture.  Did I miss understand what they were say? Did I  respondwell?  Did I let them down? Offend them?  Look disguised? 
This week I have gained a better understanding of the functions of schemas. I can definitely see how Selective perception is a schemas challenge in my communication skills.
        

2 comments:

  1. Lilliane, I too try to find humor in most things, even when they are going terrible wrong. This helps to alleviate added pressure we place upon ourselves, yet we all experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilliane,
    I absolutely love your title. I wish I had thought of using it. We are 3 personas. The person you are in front of everybody, the person you are with your select friends and family and the person you are when you're alone with yourself. If you can be true to that third person, then you'll do well with the other two.

    ReplyDelete